Friday, July 27, 2012

Liebster Award



The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. 
The Meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. 

The Rules: 

1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves. 
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer 
3. Choose eleven people and link them in your post. 
4. Go to their page and tell them. 
5. Remember no tag backs!

I was tagged by a lovely lovey over at http://xowl.blogspot.co.uk/

And now, 11 things about me~

1: I am hard of hearing, or "hearing impaired" as a lot of people would say it. I have low-frequency deafness and am almost completely deaf in my left ear. Luckily,  I learned American Sign Language as a very young child because deafness is hereditary in my family.

2: Even though I'm in the prime of my youth, I'd much rather stay home and make things than go out and party, or whatever it is people my age do. My friends and coworkers refer to me as the "old lady" of the group because, more often than not, I stay home to knit on a Friday night.

3: I have been a huge fan of Nintendo my entire life! My favourite franchise is the Legend of Zelda, and the only gave I haven't played/beaten out of the franchise is Skyward Sword. (I own it, but sadly have not gotten around to actually playing it)

4: Speaking of video games, between my brother and I, we have owned every video game system since NES except for a Dreamcast. 

5: I collect giraffes. I have around 50 different plushes, glass figurines, wood carved figurines, jewelry, bookmarks, beanies, pillows, bedding, and statues of giraffes.

6: I went to Fashion School and majored in Costume Design before deciding that it wasn't for me. Despite not finishing my degree, I still freelance in costume design and often make my friends' costumes for Anime Expo, Comi-Con, and Halloween.

7: I'm really into Japanese street fashion, especially Lolita, Mori Girl, Fairy Kei, and Otome. While I don't often get to dress in these styles often, I could sit and look at pictures of them all day long.

8: I'm a lucky individual to have traveled as much as I have at a young age. For my senior year of high school, I was privileged to travel to Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and England. I would give anything to go back or move to one of those places.

9: I often have extreme anxiety over situations I think are silly. If I have to call someone on the phone, move past other folks, approach people, or be the first to speak in conversation, I get extremely anxious. However, if someone approaches me and makes conversation, I'm totally fine.

10: I have a slight-moderate case of OCD. My compulsions often include counting, reciting the digits of Pi, and singing a little song I know about the sun. "The sun is a mass of incandescent gas, a gigantic, nuclear furnace where hydrogen is forced into helium at a temperature of millions of degrees"

11: While I am very petite and often considered "dainty", I've actually had extensive training in muay thai and jiu jitsu and was a lightweight MMA fighter throughout high school. I had to stop fighting after an allergic reaction to anxiety medication which caused me to have a set of seizures and slip into a 3 day coma, unfortunately.


And here are the 11 questions by my tagger~

1. Who/what inspires you?
I'm extremely inspired by nature and the universe. My two biggest sources of inspiration are forests and the sun. Forests are filled with some of my favourite animals (deer, bears, owls, foxes) and stars are one of my favourite things in the known universe because we are born from them and everything in the universe is made up of "star stuff". They are infinite in their life cycles and never fully die.

2. What's the best thing that's happened to you in the past year?
I had a wonderful moment of realization that I am who I am, and darn it, I'm a great person no matter what anyone says. I'll never settle for anything less than I deserve, it will never matter what anyone thinks about me, and I will only change who I am to evolve into someone better.

3. Do you have/want any tattoos?
I do not have tattoos, but I have several planned out, all thigh pieces. One of them is an art nouveau style portrait of my late grandmother, another is an American traditional style anchor with a banner that reads "I refuse to sink", another is a mix between American traditional and traditional Japanese bear with a banner reading "Mother Bear", and another is a mix between the same two styles, but a coyote. 

4. How would you describe your fashion style?
I admit, I dress very "hipster" at times. I love big, baggy Bill Cosby or grandpa sweaters, anything that would come out of my grandma's closet, leggings, loafers, and tank tops that don't touch my body at all. As mentioned above, I love Japanese street fashion as well and dress in all the styles I mentioned, but not as much as I would like to. 

5. What food can't you live without?
There are a few I could not live without! Living in California, I am very lucky to have Mexican food unlike anywhere else in the US, and I couldn't live without it. I also could not live without pastas, ranging from spaghetti to Japanese Udon. 

6. Tell me an unpopular opinion that you have
In high school, I was considered quite heartless for feeling little sympathy for those who would do something foolish with great consequences. There were two girls in our school's ASB who were in a car accident because one of them drove drunk, and while everyone treated them like heroes for surviving, I openly told them how stupid their decision of driving drunk was and that they deserved whatever consequence they had to deal with.

7. Top 5 bands/artists?
I absolutely LOVE Breathe Electric and consider them one of my favourite bands. Motion City Soundtrack has been one of my favourites since high school, as well as Zolof the Rock and Roll Destroyer. I'm also very fond of Youth Group and Her Space Holiday.

8. Do you have any strange habits?
As I mentioned above, when I get anxious, I either recite the digits of Pi or sing a song about the sun. I also have a very bad habit of peeling the chapped skin off of my lips and plucking hairs out of my head individually, to the point where I once had a tiny bald spot. 

9. What song never fails to make you happy?
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu's PONPONPON song. I just can't help but smile, do her little dance, bob my head, and attempt to sing along.

10. What is your dream job?
I would LOVE to be a biology professor at a university or college, but my goal is to teach high school biology. 

11. What's the most you've ever spend on something and what was it?
The most I have ever spent on something was my beloved MacBook~ It cost $1100, but I got a student discount of $100. With taxes and everything included, it ended up costing me $1024

The 11 questions I chose to give to the people I tag are:

1: What is one thing that always calms you down no matter what?
2: Your favourite memory of your childhood?
3: Your dream home?
4: If you were stranded on a desert island and could only bring one tool/weapon, what would you bring?
5: What is an animal you feel you relate to the most?
6: If you were to write a memoir of your life, what would it be titled?
7: If you could only shop at one store for the rest of your life, what would it be?
8: If you could trade places with any person for a day, who would it be?
9: If you could choose any fictional character to be friends which, who would you choose?
10: If you could have a self portrait done in any art style, which would you choose?
11: If there is any one thing you want to accomplish before you die, what would it be?


People I tagged!:


Sadly, most of the people I follow have over 200 followers, thus breaking the rules! Anywho, thank you again, Sapphire for the award! 

No comments:

Post a Comment